My Hometown 1

Hi, my name is Sabrina and I live in Palembang, which is the capital of South Sumatera. I live in Indonesian Army dormitory in a small area in the city of Palembang. But, my father is not an Indonesian Army, he is an Army civil servants and he was retired. It is the second populous city in Sumatera after Medan. The most famous about the city is Ampera Bridge. It is landmark in Palembang city. Ampera Bridge is located above the Musi River. Initially, the center, back and front of the bridge’s body can be lifted upward so that the mast passing underneath doesn’t get caught up by the bridge’s body. But since 1970 this activity was stopped, because it could disrupt the flow of traffic on the bridge. People in here are so many, they like to trade, you know why? Because, most of people here are Chinese. As I know that our ancestors married the prince of China. So that’s why most of people here have white skin and slanted eyes. What I like most about the city is the food. Who are not know pempek? I’m sure that everyone know about pempek. Yes, pempek is my favorite food here. It made from mixture of mashed fish and flour. It’s very delicious. If you want to visit, you must try it. This city has many culture. When celebrated Chinese new year, all the Chinese here visit Kemaro’s island to celebrate.

 

Ok, I think that’s all about my hometown. Thanks for reading, see ya…..


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Homework

Identifying the topic of a paragraph

Read and select information that is NOT in the paragraph